The 5-year Building Trades program is dedicated to training apprentices in the fields of welding, pipefitting, and plumbing installation. To apply, an applicant must submit his or her application in person.
Applications will be distributed the following dates and times:
September 3, 2019 – 10:00AM – 5:00PM
October 1, 2019 – 10:00AM – 5:00PM
November 5, 2019 – 10:00AM – 5:00PM
December 3, 2019 – 10:00AM – 5:00PM
January 7, 2020 – 10:00AM – 5:00PM
February 3, 2020 through February 7, 2020 from 10:00AM – 5:00PM
February 8, 2020 from 9:00AM – 12:00PM (Saturday)
Building Trades Application Details
- Must appear in person with a photo ID when picking up an application.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by June 15th of the application year.
- Will need to provide a high school diploma, GED, or a notarized letter from their high school stating that they will graduate in June of the application year.
- Applicants will also need to provide high school grade transcript or GED scores.
- Will need to provide social security card or birth certificate or employment eligibility documentation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license by date of interview.
- Must live in one of the following counties in our jurisdiction: Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Hocking, Licking, Madison, Marion, Perry, Pickaway, Ross, or Union County.
- Must pay a non-refundable application fee of $60.00 (money order.) This fee is waived upon proof of financial hardship (must present current documentation.)
- Present Form DD-214, if applicable (military discharge).
All applicants who return a complete application by the date indicated on the front of the application will be scheduled for an aptitude test. Interviews will be scheduled after aptitude testing is complete. A second aptitude test will be scheduled after the interviews are complete. All applicants who are called from the applicant list for employment will be required to take a drug screening test and may be required to pass a background check.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, or age.