The 5-year Building Trades program is dedicated to training apprentices in the fields of welding, pipefitting, and plumbing installation. Building Trades Apprentices work for a signatory contractor and attend school one day every other week.
Building Trades Apprentice Applications:
- To apply pick up an application in person with a photo ID on the 1st Tuesday of every month between 10:00 a.m. and 5:oo p.m.
- You will be given two weeks to return the application with the following items: 1. Copy of high school diploma, GED, or a letter from your high school stating you are on track to graduate in June of the application year. 2. Copy of high school grade transcript or GED Scores. 3. Application fee – $60.00 cashier’s check or money order. 4. DD-214, if applicable.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by June 15th of the application year.
- All applicants must live in one of the following counties in our jurisdiction: Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Hocking, Licking, Madison, Marion, Perry, Pickaway, Ross, or Union County.
- All applicants must have and maintain throughout their apprenticeship reliable transportation.
- All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States and documentation showing such must be provided upon acceptance into the program.
- Applicants who are called from the applicant list for employment will be required to take a drug screening test.
- All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, or age.