Building Trades Apprentice Applications:
- To apply pick up an application in person with a photo ID on the 1st Tuesday of every month between 10:00 a.m. and 5:oo p.m.
- You will be given two weeks to return the application with the following items: 1. Copy of high school diploma, GED, or a letter from your high school stating you are on track to graduate in June of the application year. 2. Copy of high school grade transcript or GED Scores. 3. Application fee – $60.00 cashier’s check or money order. 4. DD-214, if applicable.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by June 15th of the application year.
- All applicants must live in one of the following counties in our jurisdiction: Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Hocking, Licking, Madison, Marion, Perry, Pickaway, Ross, or Union County.
- All applicants must have and maintain throughout their apprenticeship reliable transportation.
- All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States and documentation showing such must be provided upon acceptance into the program.
- Applicants who are called from the applicant list for employment will be required to take a drug screening test.
- All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, or age.
Listen for the words: “Plumbers and Pipefitters JATC”
In the event bad weather causes a cancellation of normal school hours, we will call the following radio stations as soon as such a decision is reached:
1460 – AM – The Fan
97.1 FM – WBNS – B-97
610 AM – WTVN
92.3 FM – WCOL
1230 – AM – WCOL
93.3 – Lite FM
105.7 The Fox
97.1 The Mix
Television News Stations
Channel 4 NBC News
Channel 10 WBNS News
Channel 6 ABC News
Channel 28 Fox News
Normally a cancellation decision will not be made until 2:00 PM that day. This will still allow the cancellation to make it on the 3:00-3:30 PM news reports. If we have bad weather and you do not hear a cancellation announcement on one of the above stations, please call to find out if school has been cancelled.
There are more than a dozen J.A.T.C. programs in central Ohio, please listen for the following words:
“Plumbers and Pipefitters JATC”
#1 TRAINING CENTER IN OHIO
A new website for the PLUMBERS, PIPEFITTERS & HVAC/R SERVICE TECHNICIANS JOINT APPRENTICESHIP TRAINING CENTER Mechanical Contractors Association of Central Ohio. The UA Local 189 Joint Apprenticeship Training Program (JATC) offers the next generation of pipe-fitters, welders, plumbing installers and other skilled trade workers the opportunity to learn from the best in the industry, while also earning living
Take a look around and stay up to date with the latest news and information.