Due to COVID-19 applications will not be distributed during the month of April 2020. This will be re-evaluated at the end of April and posted accordingly.
If for some reason these dates do not work out due to circumstances beyond the school’s control (i.e.: death, power outage, inclement weather, etc.), a new date will be posted and added to the calendar of application dates.All applicants must appear at the training school, 1226 Kinnear Road, Columbus, Ohio with a photo ID to pick up an application.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by June 15th of the application year.
- Shall have a high school diploma, GED, or a notarized letter from their high school stating that they will graduate in June of the application year (will also need to provide high school grade transcript or GED scores.)
- Must live in one of the following counties in our jurisdiction: Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Hocking, Licking, Madison, Marion, Perry, Pickaway, Ross, or Union County.
- May be required to take a DAT aptitude test or another validated aptitude test administered by a third party agency. (currently Columbus State Community College)
- Must pay a one-time non-refundable application fee of $60.00. This fee is waived upon proof of financial hardship(must present current documentation.)
- Must appear for an oral interview if scheduled.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States and documentation showing such must be provided upon acceptance into the program.
- Must have reliable transportation. (Please be aware that you may be sent to work anywhere in Local 189’s jurisdiction which covers the 11 counties listed above.)
- Who are called from the applicant list for employment will be required to take a drug screening test.
- Will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, or age.